Today is
ClintonMass.com
Calendar   Documents   Churches   Media   History   Hidden Clinton   Walking Guide   Resources   Disclaimer

Discussion Forums

You are not logged in.

Announcement

New registrations are temporarily disabled due to spammers. If you'd like to request an account, please contact me, specify which user name you would like, and I can set you up. -- Ken

#151 10.20.09 8:41am

LEO

Re: Clinton men arrested on arson charges

Ken wrote:

From a press release from the Attorney General's office:

[The trial for Dreslinksi started on October 5, 2009, and lasted 11 days. The jury deliberated for approximately three and a half hours before returning with a verdict of guilty.
.[/i]

One firebug down, One more to go.....I hope they spend a long part of thier life sitting a cell thinking about how much better life is on the outside so when they unfortunately get released they may not feel the need to destroy others property and put lives at stake.

#152 10.20.09 10:48am

Matter1234
Website

To Leo and Jap.

Cold-Hearted much?

That is all.

Hi i'm Matt, idk!!

#153 10.20.09 10:59am

The Weezer

Ken wrote:

From a press release from the Attorney General's office:

Today, a Worcester Superior Court jury convicted a Clinton man involved in setting fires to a historical landmark in Sterling , a barn in Holden, an abandoned paper factory in Erving, and at a railroad bungalow in Florida , MA.  Michael Dreslinski, age 30, was found guilty on the charges of Burning a Building (4 counts), Conspiracy to Commit Arson, Breaking & Entering in the Nighttime with Intent to Commit a Felony, Malicious Destruction of Property and Malicious Injury to a Railroad.  Dreslinski will be sentenced by Superior Court Judge John S. McCann at a later date.

Co-defendant, John Rousseau, age 30, also of Clinton , is scheduled to appear in Worcester Superior Court on October 20, 2009, for a final pre-trial conference.  Rousseau is charged with Burning a Building (4 counts), Conspiracy to Commit Arson, Breaking & Entering in the Nighttime with Intent to Commit a Felony, Malicious Destruction of Property, Malicious Injury to a Railroad, Larceny and Receiving Stolen Property.

According to authorities, in the early morning hours of August 12, 2007, Rousseau and Dreslinski drove to the historic home of Mary Elizabeth Sawyer, author of the fabled nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb," located at 108 Maple Street in Sterling, Massachusetts, and set the vacant building on fire.  The next day, on the morning of August 13, 2007, Rousseau and Dreslinski drove to Holden , Massachusetts and set fire to a barn located at 106 Bond Road .  Investigations conducted by the State Police Fire and Explosion Investigation Unit determined each fire to be willfully and maliciously set, an act of arson.

On August 19, 2007, at approximately 12:30 p.m., following an in-depth investigation, State Police assigned to the Attorney General's Office with assistance from State Police assigned to the Fire and Explosion Unit and officers from the Clinton Police Department arrested Rousseau and Dreslinski in Lancaster without incident.  The men were arraigned the next day in Orange District Court, at which time they entered a plea of not guilty and were ordered held without bail.

On October 23, 2007 a Franklin Superior Court Grand Jury returned indictments against Rousseau and Dreslinski.  On November 14, 2007, Rousseau and Dreslinski were arraigned in Franklin Superior Court in connection with setting a fire in an abandoned paper factory in Erving in July, and in connection with setting a fire at a railroad bungalow in Western Massachusetts, at which time they entered pleas of not guilty and were ordered held without bail.

A Worcester Superior Court Grand Jury returned indictments against Rousseau and Dreslinski on December 21, 2007.  On February 19, 2008, Rousseau and Dreslinski were arraigned in Worcester Superior Court, where they entered pleas of not guilty and were ordered held without bail.

The trial for Dreslinksi started on October 5, 2009, and lasted 11 days. The jury deliberated for approximately three and a half hours before returning with a verdict of guilty.

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Attorney General Eileen O'Brien, Senior Trial Counsel in the Attorney General's Criminal Bureau.  It is being investigated by the Attorney General's Office with assistance from the State's Fire and Explosion Unit, State Police assigned to Northwestern District Attorney Betsy Scheibel's Office, the Commonwealth Fusion Center, State Police Air Wing, and police departments in the towns of Clinton, Sterling, Rutland and Holden and Boston & Maine Railways.

One down , one to go....

#154 10.20.09 11:40am

Ken
Website

Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap. Cold-Hearted much?

I am not going to speak for Leo and Jap, but I believe these two should be someplace where they can't damage any more property or worse, kill someone in the process. Do you disagree?

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

#155 10.20.09 2:04pm

bugs942

Yeah!

#156 10.20.09 3:07pm

JRW

Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap.

Cold-Hearted much?

That is all.

Cold-hearted because a man has been found guilty of setting 4 fires that destroyed hundred's of thousands of dollars worth of properties and historical properties like the Sawyer house, and put the lives of dozens, if not hundreds, of firefighters in danger?  Cold-hearted that this man should be put away for some time to hopefully rehabilitate him to keep him from doing it again, or at the very least keeping him off the streets so that he doesn't do it again? 

Well, call me cold-hearted then! 

What would you have them do Matter?  While tragic for their families and loved ones of the guilty and accused, this man (and probably his accomplish) either destroyed or put at risk the livelihoods of a lot of people.  To wish to see them punished is not cold-hearted, but rather the mark of a civilized nation.

Always Check Your Six!

#157 10.20.09 6:49pm

bugs942

Great Explanation! Well done!!!!!

#158 10.21.09 3:52pm

LEO

Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap.

Cold-Hearted much?

That is all.

Well Matter1234, I'll tell you what is cold hearted, setting buildings on fire that you dont own(or even ones you do own for that matter), and putting firefighters,police,and emergency workers lives at risk all so you can sit and stare a fire. Why is it cold hearted to know that two men who caused anarchy across the state for NO REASON AT ALL should spend time where they can no longer start MAJOR FIRES? Im not going to apologize for having a smile on my face knowing these two guys are LOCKED UP. In a time when we can't even pay for firefighters/police we sure dont need added drain on our resources,our firefighters should be out fighting fires not INTENTIONALLY started for someones amusement. Thats all im going to say on that subject.

Last edited by LEO (10.21.09 3:52pm)

#159 10.21.09 4:13pm

DanMnz

Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap.

Cold-Hearted much?

That is all.

Well then I shouldn't mention how I think anyone that does something that intential to cause harm to others and property shouldn't even be alive because they only add to the scum of the earth. Those kinds of people serve NO PURPOSE in our society or within the human race. I won't add my cold-hearted statement Matter smile

#160 10.21.09 5:18pm

JLS

Just an FYI, Matter 1234, is only a 16yr old kid. I know my views on the world when I was 16 are much different than they are now. Just saying ...

#161 10.21.09 5:28pm

The Weezer

JRW wrote:
Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap.

Cold-Hearted much?

That is all.

Cold-hearted because a man has been found guilty of setting 4 fires that destroyed hundred's of thousands of dollars worth of properties and historical properties like the Sawyer house, and put the lives of dozens, if not hundreds, of firefighters in danger?  Cold-hearted that this man should be put away for some time to hopefully rehabilitate him to keep him from doing it again, or at the very least keeping him off the streets so that he doesn't do it again? 

Well, call me cold-hearted then! 

What would you have them do Matter?  While tragic for their families and loved ones of the guilty and accused, this man (and probably his accomplish) either destroyed or put at risk the livelihoods of a lot of people.  To wish to see them punished is not cold-hearted, but rather the mark of a civilized nation.

JRW- Very well said...

#162 10.21.09 6:12pm

LEO

JLS wrote:

Just an FYI, Matter 1234, is only a 16yr old kid. I know my views on the world when I was 16 are much different than they are now. Just saying ...

Well he's got a lot to learn...

#163 10.21.09 8:13pm

Matter1234
Website

Ken wrote:
Matter1234 wrote:

To Leo and Jap. Cold-Hearted much?

I am not going to speak for Leo and Jap, but I believe these two should be someplace where they can't damage any more property or worse, kill someone in the process. Do you disagree?

I don't disagree they should be somewhere where they can't Except this is being said BEFORE the second trial. Wait until the second trial before bashing the f--- out of John.

and JLS I'm seventeen now. I know that I probably think I'm indestructible and don't realize it. But again, i know when something is cold-hearted or not.

Hi i'm Matt, idk!!

#164 10.22.09 6:51am

bugs942

Matter....sorry for the attitude but seriously do you think people are "f---  bashing John? .... I disagree. 

I think people want to feel safe in their homes, place of business and or worship.

I think people want our firefighters safe, can you understand that?

I sure hope so, yes you have a lot to learn , are slightly wet behind the ears,  but really....give it a rest.

Setting fires and making others risk their lives is STUPID, and DESERVES punishment, which is exactly what these two are finally going to get.

You must be a friend or family member of the accused, sorry if your hurt, the rest of us who dont even know these two or could care less to know them are also hurt, hurt when a historic building got burned down all in the name of fun!

Last edited by bugs942 (10.22.09 6:52am)

#165 10.22.09 10:09am

The Weezer

bugs942 wrote:

Matter....sorry for the attitude but seriously do you think people are "f---  bashing John? .... I disagree. 

I think people want to feel safe in their homes, place of business and or worship.

I think people want our firefighters safe, can you understand that?

I sure hope so, yes you have a lot to learn , are slightly wet behind the ears,  but really....give it a rest.

Setting fires and making others risk their lives is STUPID, and DESERVES punishment, which is exactly what these two are finally going to get.

You must be a friend or family member of the accused, sorry if your hurt, the rest of us who dont even know these two or could care less to know them are also hurt, hurt when a historic building got burned down all in the name of fun!

Well said Bugs942 -

#166 10.22.09 11:43am

DanMnz

bugs942 wrote:

Excellent points Bugs.

It's not okay to think we're cold hearted because he's a friend or family member. If he did indeed do these things, he's the cold hearted individual. If it were my own grandmother or best friend in the world who did this, I'd think the same. It's a tragedy no matter who does it. If my sister went and set an apartment on fire, I can't just say she's not usually like this and shouldn't go to jail? No! Jail, sister or not.

#167 10.24.09 10:23am

rangerover

So, what is the difference between these two firebugs or mayhem artists and the local yahoos with their guns running around up at the dump?
Alright, maybe my comparison is harsh, but these nutty riflemen are more than a passive threat.   In my opinion, we have a NUT on the Board Of Selectmen who supports deadly and dangerous gunplay right here in Clinton up at the old dump.

Wake up and keep Clinton safe!

Last edited by rangerover (10.24.09 10:24am)

#168 10.24.09 10:36am

Ken
Website

Off-topic. Please post any comments regarding the rifle range to the current thread:
http://www.clintonmass.com/forum/viewto … ?pid=30236

Thanks...

It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

#169 10.24.09 11:19am

rangerover

Sorry, I got a little excited.

#170 10.24.09 5:14pm

Tom C

rangerover wrote:

So, what is the difference between these two firebugs or mayhem artists and the local yahoos with their guns running around up at the dump?
Alright, maybe my comparison is harsh, but these nutty riflemen are more than a passive threat.   In my opinion, we have a NUT on the Board Of Selectmen who supports deadly and dangerous gunplay right here in Clinton up at the old dump.

Hey RR, your comments might have more impact if you place a real name to it.

Tom C

Where ever you are, you are always here.

#171 10.24.09 6:01pm

JRW

rangerover wrote:

I'll tell you one difference-Arson is illegal.  Shooting guns at a long active gun range isn't. 

rangerover wrote:

I agree.  Let's make sure Clinton is safe is by making sure the Police can properly qualify on their firearms at the lowest possible cost to the Town.  Save money and keep cops on the street.  What could be safer than that!

Always Check Your Six!

#172 10.26.09 6:36pm

rangerover

Shooting at the range is now ILLEGAL.  So much for the gun nuts.

#173 10.26.09 11:14pm

SJT
Website

rangerover wrote:

Shooting at the range is now ILLEGAL.  So much for the gun nuts.

Regardless of my opinion on the range, this is, frankly, one of the poorest equivalences I've ever heard of. I don't own a gun, never plan on doing so, but I have to agree with John.

Arson is never legal, that's why it's the name of a crime. Firing a gun is legal in many places for many purposes. If you want to bolster your argument, there are far more convincing ways.

Last edited by SJT (10.26.09 11:15pm)

(we apologise for the inconvenience)

#174 10.27.09 6:30am

bugs942

Gotta love us gun nuts!

#175 10.27.09 8:32am

JAM713

Rangerover appears to be here just to stir the pot and try to cause trouble.  He apparetly can't make a valid case, just nutty comments.

Board footer